This Kosugi Wakizashi (小杉) is made of 1095 high carbon steel, clay tempered with a polished mirror-like surface. It is a very strong blade made with traditional methods, for multiple applications. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon (temper line). The blade is full tang and hand sharpened, suitable for battle. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there is one big Hi (blood groove) on each side which is from Habaki to the middle of the blade. The thickness on the back becomes thinner from the half of the blade towards the tip, but the back turns to thick near the KISSAKI (tip). this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The sword comes with an african rosewood shirasaya style Tsuka(handle) and saya with buffalo horn. This sword is a very good choice for dojo and iaido use, gifts, cutting practice, display, and collection. It is durable enough for tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, and iron wire.
Overall: 30.7" (78cm)
Blade Length: 19.7" (50cm)
Handle: 8.1" (67.8cm)
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Two Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- O-Kissaki with boshi and No tsuba(guard)
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- African rosewood shirasaya style tsuka(handle)
- Comes with natural wood saya(sheath)
- Koiguchi has been hardened by bull horn
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
*Display stand not included.
No customer comments for the moment.