This is a 1060 high carbon steel Tanto sword. The blade was made of 1060 steel with BOHI(blood groove), which allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. The blade of this tanto is hand polished and hand sharpened by 12 steps which create the surface of the blade like a morrior. This blade also comes with a full Tang which greatly enhances the strength of the sword while swung. It has a fine finished alloy tsuba(guard) with bamboo design. The tsuka is wrapped in black genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin) and the tsuka-ito is dark green synthetic silk. The saya is done in a green high gloss finished style, and the sageo is black synthetic cord. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai Tanto sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
Overall: 19.9" (50.5cm)
Blade Length: 11.8" (30cm)
Handle: 7.7" (19.5cm)
- AISI 1060 high carbon steel blade
- Heat treated and oil quenched
- Fine finished bamboo design tsuba (guard), fuchi, koshira
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Dark green Tsuka Ito (wrap)
- Black synthetic silk sageo(saya cord)
- Black lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- One piece brass construction habaki
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Can take its apart for maintenance
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag
*Display stand not included.
No customer comments for the moment.