The blade of the Jian has been constructed from forge damascus folded steel, highly hand polished and hand sharpened. The blade is full tang with two blood grooves. The handle core is made of wood which is tightly wrapped with light brown silk cord tied in the traditional "X" pattern. The hand guard is robust and made of alloy. The scabbard is masterfully made with dark ebony wood, with the wood contouring to the shape of the sword. This sword is sharpened to allow for cutting exercises.
Blade Length: 32cm
Blade Width: 3.5cm
- Hand forged damascus folded steel
- 13 times folded with 8192 layers
- Full tang, hand sharpened
- Double Hi (blood grooves)
- Imported ebony saya (scabbard)
- High quality alloy tsuba (guard), matching fittings
- Light brown synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Uses: Iaito / Cutting Practice / Display
No customer comments for the moment.