The full tang blade is made of folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree. The visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, A special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result from the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone, so it is very Sharp. It has a Chu-kissaki on the top of the blade. The fine finished round iron tsuba(guard) comes with one piece brass habaki(blade collar), and two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi(sleeve) and kashira(buttcap) are made of iron. The Tsuka(handle) has white genuine samegawa ray skin with black chemical fiber ito which is tightly wrapped in hineri-maki method and with two bamboo mekugi pinned and two blacked dragon design menuki(ornament) decorated. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with real bamboo wrapped. This beautiful sword is well-crafted and well-assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display. It is strong enough for cutting bamboo trees (fresh),tatami or slice paper.
Overall: 40.9" (103.9cm)
Blade Length: 27.7" (70cm)
Handle: 10.5" (26.7cm)
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers folded steel blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No BO-Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Fine finished round iron tsuba
- White genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Thick black synthetic sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Hard wood saya(sheath) with real bamboo wrapped
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Two dragon design menuki on the tsuka(handle)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
*Display stand not included.
No customer comments for the moment.