After much brain strumming, hard work, expertise, trial and error, and of course the amazing skill of the maker the “Kali-Astra (Nemesis)” is finally materialized. We have made sure that the knife is 100% complete in itself from all angles and delivers better than the best outcome. Its easiest to handle and best to carry for anything and everything. A performer and a show stopper.
The name follows after the ferocious goddess “Kali Mata” who single handedly slaughtered thousands of danavs (devils and demons) and save the world from their deadly seize. Astra means weapon in Sanskrit. The title “Nemesis” as per its meaning is the beginning of end of anything, an element that the knife carries within that serves her user. This broad hypothesis name was chosen through facebook post by Khukuri House, Nepal from various names suggested by the FB users. Finally the name “Kali-Astra (Nemesis)” was chosen to denote the kukri’s supremacy as a lethal weapon of art and artillery.
Major features of Kali-Astra kukri
- 13” bladed aggressive blade profile for both; CUT and STAB
- Deep cylindrical bevel to inflict and destroy
- “Raw” black finishing for the Kali’s look and extra power
- Brass fixtures for easy maintenance and great/unique look
- Guard for protection, to keep hand away from the sharp edge of the blade
- Pommel for pounding and for counter balance hence great feel
- Ridges in handle for strong and secure grip (handling)
- Modern ergonomic handle for best possible holding
Extra feature extra power; Nemesis comes with a special back up knife for small games and performance that may not be possible from the mother blade. This forward thrusting blade profile knife having a paracord wrapped assists the user in all sorts of activities that require sharp edge. The 4” utility knife, mirror polished blade having 3” handle, weighing around 85 gms is itself a complete knife on its own which can be carried solo from the default frog. Both blades back up one another very well making life easier for the carrier.
Both blades are hand forged and made from high carbon 5160 steel by the best kami (maker).
No customer comments for the moment.