Every helmet has been hand painted and aged, so none will be the same. We have also aged and darkened the leather liner to give it a one-of-a-kind personalization as if it was picked up after a battle put away in a safe place and rediscovered 70 years later.
This helmet is painted to accurately represent a member of the 12 SS Hitlerjugend Helmet at the Battle of the Bulge (Ardennes Offensive).
- Made up of former Hitler youth, this unit was first deployed 7 June 1944.
- It’s legend was created at Caan France during the Normandy D-Day invasion. The British were held up a month which jeopardized the whole invasion success.
- Once dislodged it held open the Falaise Pocket and then was pulled to refit.
- The unit once again saw action in the famous Ardennes (Battle of the Bulge).
- These young troopers were known by the Allies as fierce fighters and this helmet shows the wear and tear of the last 11 months of the war.
This helmet shell is constructed of
1.8mm thick steel, exactly the same thickness used by the Germans in WWII. This means our helmet is as heavy and as solid as an original. The shell is large (size 68) and has the correct classic M1942 flared edge (not rolled) as well as proper hollow rivet ventilation holes. For added authenticity we stamped the code 2047 at nape and ET68 over ear.
The liner comprised of soft (dark colored) genuine leather that, just like the originals, will turn brown with age, in correct eight finger configuration with central drawstring and an M1931 aluminum liner band that is maker marked, dated, and size stamped! Liner size can accommodate head sizes 7 (56cm) up to 7 5/8 (61cm).
This is perhaps the finest, most authentic M42 replica helmet offered anywhere in the world.
Disclaimer: CAESARS does not, in any way, endorse the ideals of the Third Reich or any parties. We do not support war or violence and neither are we supporters of any. These materials are intended for the use of serious collectors and re-enactors only.
No customer comments for the moment.